Skip to main content

Do you solemnly swear that you will tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?




In general, we are raised to believe that we must always keep it together. Keep things that are unpleasant to ourselves. Try not to complain... Just suck it up! 

It is rare for someone to actually tell you the truth, when asked how they are doing. I mean, what is the standard answer? "I'm fine. I'm good." We have all heard it, and we have all said it.

What would happen if we really said what we were feeling or going through? Would it scare people? Would they not want to be friends anymore? What if it actually made us feel better? I believe that God made us to be compassionate and caring creatures. Most human beings are born with the "want" to nurture relationships. So why, do we deprive others of the opportunity to love, pray, and care for us? 

I have to communicate my feelings constantly in order to maintain a healthy mental state. I tend to be short tempered when I am in pain. When I hurt, it causes stress on the whole family because I am in a constant bad mood.  I find that if I let them know that "mommy is hurting today", they are more understanding.  My husband and kids can't read my mind, and we all know that not all of us "look sick". How can they or any other person be compassionate and loving if we do not share what we are really going through. 

Let us share our struggles, so that we as a family and community can pray and support each other during our time of need.  Give others the opportunity to be Christlike. Isn't that what we are all called to do anyway?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RA... Say what?!?!?!

My name is Beth. I am 35 years old and I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. The purpose of this blog is to educate, advocate, and provide a look into what it is like to have autoimmune diseases as a mother, wife, and person in general. I would like to take a step back and reflect on how I was diagnosed. It was 2012 and I was pregnant with my third child. I was sick with strep throat for the like 8th time in a year. I went into a walk in clinic and the Doctor looked at me and said "I would like to do some blood work on you. You are sick way to much and something is not right." That blood work was the answer to so many unanswered questions that I had had in my past. Long story short, I was referred to a Rheumatologist and found out I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, and Fibromyalgia. I also have a list of other issues that are autoimmune related such as a blood clotting disorder, thyroid disease, anxiety, and mild depression. The diagnosis, while awful, was an answer to 3 miscarriages

Just keep swimming...

My name is Meredith Boutte.   I'm 34, a stay at home mom of a smart 8-year-old boy and have had a wonderful boyfriend for two years. I was first diagnosed about 6 years ago.   During that time, I was a full-time student working towards becoming a nurse.   I was doing a great job in school. When I first got sick, it took about a year to be diagnosed.   There were a lot of doctor visits and a whole lot of throwing fits just so that doctors would listen to me. At one point, I told the doctor that if they did not admit me I was going to hurt myself. It's sad that I had to go through such drastic extremes to get someone to listen to me, but it worked. Soon after the hospital stay I was referred to a rheumatologist.   That changed my life forever.   At that time the diagnosis was such a relief because I was finally going to get help. I didn’t feel crazy anymore, yet the news put me into a state of depression. The only thing I knew about RA was what I had read and the pict

What I Want You To Know...

Like most that suffer from chronic diseases, I feel like people typically do not understand what it is like to walk (or not to walk) in our shoes. While I do not want to constantly focus on my ailments, I think it is important to spread awareness. It is crucial that we educate and provide basic knowledge for the general public. I chose this picture for this post because it hit home for me personally. I have lots of friends with Rheumatoid Disease that do indeed have severe arthritis. While I look at them and see strength, hope, and courage,  you can also see the pain and suffering through their disfigurements. My sister and I have many health issues, but one can not visibly see any deformities as of yet. While I am grateful that all my extremities are characterized as normal so far, this can make it hard for others to realize what type of struggles we go through on a day to day basis. I wanted to post some symptoms here that go hand in hand with Rheumatoid Disease. These were co